TEXT: Eph 4:8-15
Before Christ’s ascension, He distributed gifts into his disciples, which would be passed through the eras of Christiandom
The first step in ministry is Humility; the only way up is down.
As a minister, you are a servant, with an assignment (ministry) to carry out fully to the later. Ministerial assignment is both a conveying of the good news to first the conveyer and then the audience/recipient.
Handling ministry is a very great investment that the Trinity has made and if we understand the gravity of this, we would be cognizant to the fact that we cannot afford to fail.
¶ The Nine Gifts of the spirit are groups into;
– The speaking Gift
– The Seeing Gifts
– The Doing Gifts
God’s assignment comes in small packages.
What makes a solid ministry is not the location but “THE MAN”. What you carry is the major determinant of what you attract.
1Corn 12:4- 6
Your assignment is a mission to where God has placed you. Where or what you are positioned in the body of Christ.
Ministers must understand that there are changes to ministry and you must be fine tuned to adjust; be flexible to re-learn, unlearn as long as God is glorified.
– First, discover your assignment
– Secondly, understand your limit. Do not be discouraged, you are not expected to do it all.
– Thirdly, be willing and ready to fulfill your divine assignment. Until those around you find you faithful
– Fourthly, be willing/ready to change when the need arises
– Fifthly, be willing to take critical decisions. You must be ready to spend and be spent. The most fulfilling place for the minister is in the middle of God’s will.
When God calls you, He shows you the End/your destination. You alone will find other attraction but the choice to stick to the final destination will be yours alone to make.
FIVE C’s OF MINISTRY DEMANDS
- Consistency -2Cor 4:1-4.
- Character- 2Cor 6:17; Col 2:8.
- Completeness- Rom 15:19- be ready to serve the full gospel. 2Tim 2:15.
- Conspicuousness- 2Corn 4:3-4.
- Compassion- Luke 7:13-15.